SEN - Our Expertise
We are able to offer a wide range of professional expertise in Special Educational Needs, from our own school staff and also through consultants who work within our school:
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator holds the National SENCo qualification
All staff have foundation level training in Autism
We have staff who have enhanced training in a number of interventions for the different areas of SEN.
Teaching assistants are trained to support the particular needs of the children they work with. We also have the support of an SEND inclusion consultant, Jo Hatfield, who works with us on a fortnightly basis providing specialist advice and support.
We have close and effective links with a range of advisory agencies to support us in addressing children’s needs. These include:
- Educational Psychologists
- Communication and Interaction Support Service
- Autism Advisory Service
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Language and Communication Advisory Teacher
- Community Staff Nurse
- Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- Children’s Services
- Primary Care and Mental Health Services
- Special Educational Needs Advisory Service.
Information about these services and what they offer can be found on the Oxfordshire County Council SEN webpages.