SEN - Our Expertise
We are able to offer a wide range of professional expertise in Special Educational Needs, from our own school staff and also through consultants who work within our school:
Our Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator holds the National SENCo qualification
All staff have foundation level training in Autism
We have staff who have enhanced training in a number of interventions for the different areas of SEN.
Teaching assistants are trained to support the particular needs of the children they work with. We also have the support of a Special Needs Advisory Support Teacher, Sara Kearns two days a week, as well as an Outreach worker two days a week and a Home-School link worker one day a week.
We have close and effective links with a range of advisory agencies to support us in addressing children’s needs. These include:
- Educational Psychologists
- Communication and Interaction Support Service
- Autism Advisory Service
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Language and Communication Advisory Teacher
- Community Staff Nurse
- Paediatric Occupational Therapist
- Children’s Services
- Primary Care and Mental Health Services
- Special Educational Needs Advisory Service.
Information about these services and what they offer can be found on the Oxfordshire County Council SEN webpages.